I'm Rainer Ilgen, Xirus in #ents on freenode.
I was born in the German Democratic Rebublic. After the German reunification
I started exploring the computer world with my first C64.
Gaming became fast very boring and I started teaching myself in BASIC and later Assambler.
With my first C128 I discovered the Internet ... a long journey began ...
I studied Software Technology and worked for 7 years as project manager for Volkswagen and Siemens.
In 2009 I decided to start all over and came to Canada.
At the moment I have a break from the busy IT buisness till I get my permanent status.
Keeping my brain busy with private projects.
I'm political active for the Pirate Party of Canada and still connected to CCC in Germany.
I joined the ENTS because:
- increasing my knowlege in Linux
- learn more about Arduino Programming
- find new ideas for projects
- share my knowlege / experience with everybody who is listening
My current projects:
- Arduino Sensor Network with Database-Server and IRC-Relay
- Status Sensor Prototype: 100%
- Status IRC-Relay: 90%
- Database-Server for the Sensor-Network (hacked NSLU)
- Status NSLU: 100%
- Status Database: 100%
- Status Frontend: 0%
- modified RC-Car-Bot (Arduino-Brain)
- ToDo: Finish Bot, write PC and Android Control Program
- Arduino powered tracked Robot
- Status Basics: 100%
- Status Sensor Sweep: 10%
- Status GPS Navi: 0%
- Status Camera: 0%
- Status PC-Software: 0%
- GeoCaching Night-Active-Light
- Status Prototype: 100% (running since 3 month on 6A LiPo)
- Status BlinkM: 50%
- Arduino controlled Halloween Decoration
- Talking Skeleton: 99%
- Talking Pumpkin: 50% (wait for the Wave-Shield)
- Singing Couple: 99%
- Merge parts to on show: 0%
Details about my projects are soon online ...