Revision as of 19:55, 8 April 2014 by Tim
- on the file server, make a new partition and mount it as /usr/pkgsrc/ . fetch the latest pkgsrc and put it there. make the other machines mount this /usr/pkgsrc instead of having a local repo
- create a new partition on the file server, not on the OS drive, using 100GB or so. create a new folder for each machine n the network, and move a complete mirror of that systems filesystem (use rsync plz) to these new folders.
- create/install rc.d script to start/stop the BIRD BGP routing daemon on the router
- create rc.d script to start/stop the anonet vpn connection (stopped by default), reference: 
- fix this script to send signals other than "kill -9" first, then verify that the daemon is dead, if not, send kill -9.: 
- fix my "block outgoing" tun0 firewall rules to work, ref: 
- fix the ugly routes hack script to properly parse routes and add them to default configs: 
- setup CARP on the routers. its already compiled into the kernel, just needs configuration.
- using ALTQ set up bandwidth limits on the various router interfaces to limit them to no more than 1Mbps
- backup a copy of /usr and /etc to some offsite location, for each machine, and send a zipped copy to my gmail
- install DNSmasq on the router for the chaosvpn connection and configure it to use the chaosvpn DNS for their ip range, and the DN42 ip ranges for DN42
- reduce the frequency of service lister log backups in the cron entry. also make a cron entry to tar the folder once a week